1. When is the best time to apply?
No later than 2-3 months before your planned start date, and no earlier than 6 months before.
2. Will CMUH provide living accomodations? If yes, how much does it cost?
Currently, dorms are only available for international Senior House Officers/Residents and Registrars/Fellows (doctors only), on the application please tick the appropriate box indicating whether or not you wish to apply for a dorm room. Rent ranges from NT$ 7,000 - 10,000/month depending on the assigned room. Room assignment requests or other accomdation requests cannot be taken as the room depends on availability of a limited supply.
3. Do I need to pay any fees for the fellowship programme?
The Hospital does not charge tuition fees to qualified foreign registrars/fellows. However, some specialist centres of CMUH may charge a training fee.
4. How long does the application process take?
Entire process takes about 1-2 months. Most of it spent waiting for approval from the Taiwan Ministry of Health and Welfare (MOHW)
5. Do I need to submit the Health Check Reports with the initial application form?
For Students & other Trainees with training duration less than 1 month:
You can choose to submit the Health Check Report at a later date, but no later than 2 weeks prior to your arrival. The hospital has the right to rescind admission on failure to receive the aformentioned document.
For All other applicants
You MUST submit the Health Check Report with all necessary testing as listed with the initial application. This report is necessary for approval by the Taiwan Ministry of Health.
6. Do I need to submit the Proof of Travel and Health Insurance with the initial application form?
You can choose to submit the Proof of Insurance at a later date, but no later than 2 weeks prior to your arrival. The hospital has the right to rescind admission on failure to receive the aformentioned document.